(This picture was taken by my brother-in-law Dustin who is a great photographer just check out http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fat-Lemon-Media/162286437168264 )
We left in the morning right after Jarid got off work, so I got him a little something so he could sleep better....
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
It was a joke though, and I did actually get him a more "manly" mask! Driving down to AZ wasn't bad at all, and my Grandma Pickett came with us. We actually got to stop and see one of my cousins, Brad, that I haven't seen since I was a very little girl! He is now a firefighter, and he took us on a tour of his station and showed us his truck.
I was happy to arrive in Mesa though, and I missed my family sooo much it was good to see them!! We spent a few days in Mesa with Tamara, Dustin, and Jenae. We went to the Zoo with them, and it was so crazy to see how much the kiddos have grown! I wish we could be closer to see them more frequently!
Andy wrestling the alligator!
The one request from Jarid on this trip was that we eat at a Russian restaurant, so Jarid looked up a few and most of them had closed down. He found one in Phoenix so we were off. After about 45 mins of driving and searching for what seemed like a non-existent restaurant we found it, and it too was closed down! All of the Russian restaurants were shut down...hmmm...health code violations?? We ended up eating Indian food with Tamara, Dustin, and Grandma Pickett-it was her first time eating Indian food.
We eventually went down to Safford/Thatcher, AZ and got to hold and cuddle baby Daniel!! OH HE IS SOOO ADORABLE! We got to see Rachelle and Darren, and a lot of other family!
The funniest part of our entire trip was our hotel room. We (Jenae my oldest sister, Jarid, and I ) decided to share a hotel room and split the pay, yet when we walked in there was a major problem-one king size bed. Jenae quickly decided that I would be sleeping in the middle (they would not switch our rooms). Needless to say, in the morning we all decided NOT to do that ever again for some reason or another! I think Jarid was the only one who slept semi-well.
Everything else went well except the trip home. We started Sunday night and were planning on driving through the night. However, just outside of Page, Arizona I got the flu and started vomiting. We stopped in Page for the night, and it was awful. I had no sleep the entire night because I was violently vomiting every 5-30 minutes, and passing out afterward. I would try to wake Jarid to help me, but he would just pat me on the back for comfort and go back to sleep. At one point I asked him to get me some Sprite, so he got up like a faithful husband and found himself in the stairwell unsure why he was there. The poor guy! Wait what am I saying POOR ME! By the morning I was delusional and extremely dehydrated, so Jarid by some miracle got me into the car and took me to the ER. They gave me a lot of medications and fluids. I kept going in and out of consciousness, and my loving husband extremely worried wouldn't leave my side! With two full bags of fluids and no urine out put the nurse said I needed fluids badly. Finally we checked out, and got home. Unfortunately, the next 3 days I spent in bed.
Even though I came back with the flu, the trip was worth it to see my family and celebrate baby Daniel and his lucky parents. Congrats Rachelle and Darren Davis!


No comments:
Post a Comment