I have always been bad about writing....English papers, journals, new blog entries, letters to missionaries...my name is Trisha Johnson and I am really bad at sitting down and writing anything-procrastination is my middle name when it comes to writing. I get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of life, and push anything I can to the sidelines. I am sure many of you can sympathize. Finally I have taken the time, after a whole year, to update my blog so here is a little update of our busy life!
Jarid just got a job about a month or two ago working for IM Flash, and he is enjoying his new work. They can't talk about a lot of their duties but I know he watches a computer that monitors machines. He does work a night shift so it has been a new challenge to our relationship. I find myself staying up very late at nights (like tonight) because I am so accustomed to going to bed at the same time. He usually drags me to bed. I don't like being home alone, and every noise seems to make things 10x worse. I am getting used to it. He is also attending UVU and working on his Associates degree. This semester he is taking Biology, Ethics and Values, and a Math Class. Next semester IM Flash will pay for his schooling so he will go full time. This was one of the main reasons for the switch in jobs, and the night shift will make it easier for him to go to school more. Jarid is in the scouting program in our ward. He hasn't had to do a whole lot with it because he is teaching the pre-scouts, I don't remember what they are called. I never had brothers, haha sorry. Between his work schedule, day time sleeping, and school we tend to miss each other a lot. He is still my constant strength, and is always trying to help me in anyway possible. I realize, everyday, how lucky I am to have such a wonderful husband!!!!
I on the other hand am pretty much doing the same thing! I am still working full time at a Dental Office in Orem, and going to school at UVU. I am actually going to graduate at the end of the semester with my associates degree. I left the worst two classes for last: English 2010 and Ethics and Values. Writing classes, need I say more? I am not sure what the next steps for me are...I used to have my life all figured out (boy was I silly), and since marrying Jarid I have had to become a little more flexible with my five year plan to include his goals as well. I will probably try to apply to Dental Hygiene programs at UVU and Fortis College. I have started working on Saturdays teaching at a Dental Assisting School, and I have enjoyed it a lot!! There is such an incredible feeling when you share your knowledge with someone else. I am soooo grateful for my mission that helped me develop the skills necessary to receive that feeling, because I would have died before talking to or teaching people before. I am in the Young Women's presidency in our ward, and I love the Young Women's Program. We have such wonderful girls in our ward and it has been so good to get to know them. We have finally been able to start making friends since we were pulled out of the primary. We are really beginning to love our ward!
We are busy busy people but we still love and care about all our family and friends, and hope to see and hear from you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment