Sunday, November 28, 2010

A turturkeykey!

Jarid and I are big fans of How I Met Your Mother, and in the Thanksgiving show Ted Mosbey makes a turturkeykey, a turkey stuffed inside a turkey.  It was rather funny.  This is our How I Met Your Mother themed Thanksgiving post.  Our thanksgiving was lengend-...wait for it..and I hope you're not lactose intolerant because the second half of that word is DAIRY!
So Jarid and I spent Thanksgiving at his aunt and uncles house in Lehi, UT.  It was a normal Thanksgiving meal....and then....
Jarid's mother got whip cream in the face.  How did this happen you may be asking....Jason and Moo were getting into it with a whip cream bottle.  Jason was holding Moo against the door, and Jarid gave Jason a tip that if he wanted to succeed he would have to immobilize the arms.  Moo got away, but yelled and squirmed a lot.  Then as Jason tried again, Jarid decided (with some encouragement from his wife-me) to help his poor mother.  He took the can of whip cream and sprayed it on top of Jason's head while Jason was holding Moo.  Jason simply took it off his head and put it in Moo's face.  Not the exact plan I had in mind.
SLAPSGIVING!-Jason vs. Mom and he got slapped! 

Ted: Can we maybe scoop stuffing for a while?
Barney: You wanna scoop stuffing on your first day?
[sarcastically makes phone with his hands and holds it to his ear]
Barney: Hello, NFL, can I be quarterback next Sunday?

On our way home we saw a homeless man on the side of the road, and decided to stop and give him our plate of left overs.  This experience really opened our eyes to be grateful for the many blessings we do have, and Jarid and I were overwhelmed with gratitude.  We have been so lucky to find each other, to have a wonderful home, tons of possessions that make or lives comfortable, jobs, school, and family.  I rediscovered how awesomely awesome my life is. Peace out, hombres! 



After a lot of amazing food Jarid and I decided to take a walk instead of the traditional nap, because it is proven that if you walk after a big meal it will help increase your metabolism by 15%.  After we skyped my family in the warmth of Arizona, and we played games.  You can't spell 'game' without 'me', and 'me' has the best game.

Barney: Ted, your problem is all you do is think, think, think. I'm teaching you how to do, do, do. 

Marshall: Doo-doo! 
[laughs

Barney: [chuckles] Totally. 

Ted: At least someone appreciates the fact that I am doing and not thinking. 

[pause

Ted: And now, I don't think I won't not go to the bathroom. 



No comments:

Post a Comment